Main Article Content
Physalis Peruviana, Breast Cancer, Tamoxifen resistance, Anxiety, Depression
Background: Physalis Peruviana has neuroprotective effects on anxiety and depression induced by Cancer. Psychosocial variables may influence breast cancer susceptibility and prognosis.
Objective: This research aims to evaluate the efficacy of Physalis Peruviana fruit extract in anxiety and depression due Breast cancer induced by DMBA in Albino rats.
Materials and Methods: The 60 female albino rats used in this study were divided into 05 groups and induced with tumor and treated for 10 weeks at Liaquat University of Medical and Health Sciences, Jamshoro.
Results: Rats in Group E demonstrated improving activity and reduction in depression and anxiety.
Conclusion: The Physalis Peruviana extract has neuroprotective effects on depression and anxiety.
2. Bessonneau, V. and R. A. Rudel (2019). "
3. Mapping the Human Exposome to Uncover the Causes of Breast Cancer." International journal of environmental research and public health 17: 189.
4. Farhana Rajpar, S. M., Pushpa Goswami , Fahmida Gul,Waseemullah Sheikh ,Kanwal Abbas (2021). "Behavior Alterations Caused by Methamphetamine and Its Prevention by Nigella Sativa in Male Albinos Mice. Drugs and Cell Therapies in Haematology 10.
5. Gul*, F. and S. M. , Ikramuddin Ujjan, Pushpa Goswami, Kanwal Abbas Bhatti (2023). "The effects of 4β-hydroxy withanolide E extracted from Physalis Peruviana on Complete Blood Count of Dimethylbenz(a)anthracene-induced Breast Cancer in Albino Rats" Advancements in Life Sciences 10(03): 434438.
6. Hu, C., Hart, S. N., Gnanaolivu, R.,Huang, H., Lee, K. Y., Na, J.et al (2021). "A Population-Based Study of Genes Previously Implicated in Breast Cancer." N Engl J Med 384(5): 440-451.
7. Kumar, A. (2018). "Evaluation of toxicological and behavioral symptoms on deltamethrin treated albino rats." MOJ Anatomy & Physiology 5.
8. Lodhi M, S. S., Afridi A, Baig MT, Farooq L, Sadiq S. (2019). "Comparison of anti-seizure efficacy of combined extract of Swertia chirata and Brassica nigra with standard anti-epileptic drugs in PTZ model." Health Sci. 8: 160-167.
9. Patron, E. C. P., M. Mokhtar and J. D. Elias (2022). "The Significance of “Red” Within the Pre-Columbian Funerary Rituals." Asian Journal of Behavioural Sciences 4(1): 15-42.
10. Peng, F., M. I. Setyawati, J. K. Tee, X. Ding, J. Wang, M. E. Nga, H. K. Ho and D. T. Leong (2019). "Nanoparticles promote in vivo breast cancer cell intravasation and extravasation by inducing endothelial leakiness." Nat Nanotechnol 14(3): 279-286.
11. Shaikh P, M. S., G., Shahani MY, memon S, Shahani SB,. (2019). "Potential prevention of oxiplatin induced morphological, behavioral and microscopic injury by glutathione in adult Albino mice." Isra. Med J. 11(05): 384-389.
12. Syna Pervaiz Singha, S. M., Umbreen Bano, Amir Derick Isaac, Muhammad Yaqoob Shahan (2022). "Evaluation of p21 expression and related autism-like behavior in Bisphenol-A exposed offspring of Wistar albino rats." birth deffects research 114(11).
13. Wang, H. C., H. H. Hu, F. R. Chang, J. Y. Tsai, C. Y. Kuo, Y. C. Wu and C. C. Wu (2019). "Different effects of 4β-hydroxywithanolide E and withaferin A, two withanolides from Solanaceae plants, on the Akt signaling pathway in human breast cancer cells." Phytomedicine 53: 213-222.
14. Yen, C. Y., C. C. Chiu, F. R. Chang, J. Y. Chen, C. C. Hwang, Y. C. Hseu, H. L. Yang, A. Y. Lee, M. T. Tsai, Z. L. Guo, Y. S. Cheng, Y. C. Liu, Y. H. Lan, Y. C. Chang, Y. C. Ko, H. W. Chang and Y. C. Wu (2010). "4beta-Hydroxywithanolide E from Physalis peruviana (golden berry) inhibits growth of human lung cancer cells through DNA damage, apoptosis and G2/M arrest." BMC Cancer 10: 46.