Main Article Content
Pediatric sinusitis, amoxicillin-clavulanate potassium, budesonide suspension, aerosol inhalation
Objective: To study the clinical efficacy of amoxicillin-clavulanate potassium combined with budesonide suspension inhalation in the treatment of children with sinusitis.
Method: A total of 128 pediatric sinusitis patients admitted to the hospital from December 2018 to April 2020 were selected and divided into two groups according to the order of admission. The control group (n=64) received amoxicillin-clavulanate potassium therapy, and the study group (n=64) received amoxicillin-clavulanate potassium combined with budesonide suspension aerosol inhalation therapy. The improvement of clinical symptoms, curative effect, CT examination results before and after treatment, and adverse reaction rate were evaluated and compared between the two groups. Result：The subjective scores of clinical symptoms of headache, runny nose, nasal congestion and smelly breathing in the research group were lower than those in the control group (P<0.05); the curative effect of the research group was better than that of the control group (P<0.05). There was no significant difference in the result scores (P>0.05); after treatment, the CT examination results in the study group were lower than those in the control group (P<0.05); there was no significant difference in the adverse reaction rates between the two groups (P>0.05).
Conclusion：The application of amoxicillin-clavulanate potassium combined with budesonide suspension aerosol inhalation therapy for children with sinusitis has a synergistic effect and has a greater therapeutic advantage. This can effectively relieve the clinical symptoms of children without significantly increasing adverse reactions, suggesting that the combination of the two drugs is safe and has high clinical application value.
2. Chen Qunshan. The effect of budesonide suspension combined with ambroxol inhalation on the level of inflammatory factors in patients with chronic rhinosinusitis after functional endoscopic sinus surgery [J]. Journal of Electrocardiography (electronic version), 2018, 007 (003): 47.
3. Tao Zezhang, Chen Shiming. Accurate diagnosis and treatment of chronic rhinosinusitis in children [J]. Journal of Clinical Otorhinolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, 2018, 32 (21): 9-12.
4. Dai Hongying, Ma Tingting. The effect of nasal sinusitis oral liquid irrigation combined with nasal aerosol inhalation of budesonide suspension on postoperative recovery of nasal polyps and serum cytokines [J]. Modern Journal of Integrated Traditional Chinese and Western Medicine, 2018 (2): 3035-3038.
5. Zhang Shengjun. Effect and safety of short-term budesonide suspension for chronic sinusitis with nasal polyps by nasal atomization [J]. Chinese and Foreign Medical Research, 2019, 17 (09): 116-117.
6. Lu Linquan. The efficacy and safety of short-term budesonide suspension in the treatment of chronic sinusitis with nasal polyps by nasal nebulization [J]. Psychiatrist, 2018, 024 (022): 114-115.
7. Zhong Limei, Bianka. Clinical observation of antibiotics combined with nasal inhalation inhalation in the treatment of 40 children with sinusitis [J]. Shaanxi Medical Journal, 2018,511 (01): 101-103.
8. Qian Enle, Wang Xiaodong. Observation of curative effect of combined treatment of pediatric chronic sinusitis with drugs, ultrasonic atomization and sinus negative pressure replacement [J]. Northern Pharmacy, 2018, 015 (006): 185.
9. Du Hongbo. The clinical value of ultrasonic nebulization and sinus negative pressure replacement combined with drugs in the treatment of chronic sinusitis in children [J]. Medicine and Health, 2018, 026 (010): 84-85.
10. Tan Jiewu. Study on the effect of amoxicillin treatment in children with sinusitis [J]. Capital Food and Medicine, 2019, 26 (09): 42.
11. Li Li. Study on the effect of ultrasonic atomization therapy combined with sinus negative pressure replacement therapy on children with chronic sinusitis [J]. Journal of Contemporary Medicine, 2019, 017 (009): 123-124.
12. Miao Xiuling. Observation of clinical effect of budesonide suspension nasal inhalation combined with antibiotics in the treatment of children with sinusitis [J]. Northern Pharmacy, 2019, 016 (003): 44-45.