Main Article Content
Prosthodontic, Dental, Surgical, implant, teeth
The purpose of this research was to assess the usability of an implant navigation system among dental students and dentists with different degrees of expertise in prosthodontics. The success of any endosseous dental implant depends on the presence of healthy, functioning peri-implant hard and soft tissues. Participants were dental students and dentists from the same dental school and hospital, but with varying degrees of implant experience. At the outset of the trial, all participants received instruction in using the AqNavi system. We came up with a novel implant that uses computed tomography (CT) or Cone beam CT (CBCT) scanning to arrange its multi-vector endosseous attachment around each patient's unique underlying bone. Error deviations (total, longitudinal, and angular) were measured by each of the five dentists, and the differences between them were analyzed using one-way repeated-measures ANOVA. The results proved that the participants' prior implant expertise had no impact on the navigation system's operating accuracy for dental implants. The implant navigation system helps the dentist place the dental implant in the ideal location, regardless of the dentist's prior expertise with similar procedures. Our "individual patient solutions dental" protocol is based on the principle of a fully functional and rigid osteosynthesis technology and provides a rapid solution for implant-borne dental rehabilitation in challenging conditions of soft and hard tissues, setting it apart from any previous or current dental implant protocol.
2. Taruna, M & Chittaranjan, Samuel & Sudheer, N & Tella, Suchita & Abusaad, Md. (2014). Prosthodontic Perspective to All- On-4 ® Concept for Dental Implants. Journal of clinical and diagnostic research: JCDR. 8. ZE16-ZE19. 10.7860/JCDR/2014/9648.5020.
3. Thimmegowda, Umapathy& Bs, Anila & Ashwini, CP &Jayam, Cheranjeevi. (2015). Overview of surgical guides for implant therapy. Journal of Dental Implants. 5. 48. 10.4103/0974-6781.154438.
4. Shewale, Akhilesh &Bhasin, Meenu & Bhasin, Prashant & Gambhir, Natasha. (2018). All on 4 techniques assisted with computer guided surgery – A case report with 18 months follow up. IP International Journal of Periodontology and Implantology. 3. 118-121. 10.18231/2457-0087.2018.0026.
5. Chatzistavrianou, Despoina& Wilson, Paul & Taylor, Philip. (2019). A guide to implant dentistry part 2: surgical and prosthodontic considerations. Dental Update. 46. 514-523. 10.12968/denu.2019.46.6.514.
6. Orentlicher G, Abboud M. Guided surgery for implant therapy. Oral Maxillofac Surg Clin North Am 2011;23:239-56, v.
7. Ramasamy M, Giri, Raja R, Subramonian, Karthik, Narendrakumar R. Implant surgical guides: From the past to the present. J Pharm Bioallied Sci 2013;5:S98-102.
8. Martins RJ, Lederman HM. Virtual planning and construction of prototyped surgical guide in implant surgery with maxillary sinus bone graft. Acta Cir Bras 2013;28:683-90.
9. Chen CK, Yuh DY, Huang RY, Fu E, Tsai CF, Chiang CY. Accuracy of implant placement with a navigation system, a laboratory guide, and freehand drilling. Int J Oral Maxillofac Implants. 2018;33:1213–8.
10. Gasparini G, Boniello R, Laforì A, De Angelis P, Del Deo V, Moro A, et al. Navigation system approach in zygomatic implant technique. J Craniofac Surg. 2017;28:250–1.
11. Huh YJ, Choi BR, Huh KH, Yi WJ, Heo MS, Lee SS, et al. In vitro study on the accuracy of a simple-design CT-guided stent for dental implants. Imaging Sci Dent 2012;42:139-46.
12. Moslehifard E, Nokar S. Designing a custom made gauge device for application in the access hole correction in the dental implant surgical guide. J Indian Prosthodont Soc 2012;12:123-9.
13. Bulloch SE, Olsen RG, Bulloch B. Comparison of heat generation between internally guided (cannulated) single drill and traditional sequential drilling with and without a drill guide for dental implants. Int J Oral Maxillofac Implants 2012;27:1456-60.
14. Nokar S, Moslehifard E, Bahman T, Bayanzadeh M, Nasirpouri F, Nokar A. Accuracy of implant placement using a CAD/CAM surgical guide: an in vitro study. International Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Implants 2011; 26: 520-526.
15. Sun TM, Lan TH, Pan CY, Lee HE. Dental implant navigation system guide the surgery future. Kaohsiung J Med Sci. 2018;34:56–64.