Main Article Content
Sleep hygiene refers to the set of behaviors, an appropriate environment, a healthy lifestyle, and other sleep-related aspects that can be altered as a stand-alone treatment or component for sleep-related issues. Many health issues accompany ageing, including sleep problems. Sleep deprivation causes a slew of issues, lowering people's quality of life as they age. The main aim of the investigation was to evaluate the impact of sleep hygiene programme on knowledge and practices regarding sleep hygiene among selected institutionalized older adults. Quantitative research approach with one group pre-test post test test design was utilized in this investigation. The investigation was done at old age homes of Moradabad U.P. In relation to the level of knowledge among older adults, the pre test mean knowledge scores 4.3 with the S.D 2.51 post test mean knowledge score 23.86 with the S.D 1.99. Calculated’ value 58.085 showed that statistically high significant at p<0.001 level.
2. Chen P, Kuo H, Chueh K. Sleep Hygiene Education. Journal of Nursing Research. 2010;18(4):283-289.
3. Crivello A, Barsocchi P, Girolami M, Palumbo F. The Meaning of Sleep Quality: A Survey of Available Technologies. IEEE Access. 2019;7:167374-167390.
4. Chen P, Kuo H, Chueh K. Sleep Hygiene Education. Journal of Nursing Research. 2010;18(4):283-289.
5. Patel AK, Reddy V, Araujo JF. Physiology, sleep stages. InStatPearls [Internet] 2021 Apr 22. StatPearls Publishing.
6. Reddy S, Reddy V, Sharma S. Physiology, circadian rhythm.
7. Ponnle AA, Falana KV. Development of A Computer Aided Non-Pharmacological Treatment of Insomnia using Automobile Engine In-Cabin Acoustic Noise. Development. 2021 Nov;8(11).
8. Chen P, Kuo H, Chueh K. Sleep Hygiene Education. Journal of Nursing Research. 2010;18(4):283-289.
9. Irish LA, Kline CE, Gunn HE, Buysse DJ, Hall MH. The role of sleep hygiene in promoting public health: A review of empirical evidence. Sleep medicine reviews. 2015 Aug 1;22:23-36.
10. Brown F, Buboltz W, Soper B. Relationship of Sleep Hygiene Awareness, Sleep Hygiene Practices, and Sleep Quality in University Students. Behavioral Medicine. 2002;28(1):33-38.
11. Friedrich A, Schlarb AA. Let's talk about sleep: a systematic review of psychological interventions to improve sleep in college students. Journal of sleep research. 2018 Feb;27(1):4-22.
12. Rybarczyk B, Lund HG, Garroway AM, Mack L. Cognitive behavioral therapy for insomnia in older adults: background, evidence, and overview of treatment protocol. Clinical Gerontologist. 2013 Jan 1;36(1):70-93.