Main Article Content
Distal radius fractures accounts for around 15% of all fractures diagnosed and treated in the emergency rooms. These fractures usually common in elderly patients due to trivial fall as a result of osteoporosis and due to high velocity injury such as a motor vehicle accident or fall on an out stretched hand in the young. Volar Locking Compression Plates (LCP) is effective devices for fixation of the distal radius fractures1.
2. Sarmeinto A, Zagorski J B, Sinclair WF. Functional racing of colle’s fracture. A prospective study of immobilization in supination Vs pronation. ClinOrthop1980:146:175-83.
3. Kapandji IA. Internal fixation by double intra focal plate: functional outcome treatment of non- articular fractures of the lower end of radius Ann chir1976;30;903-908.
4. Cooney WP III, Dobyns JH, Linscheid RL. Complications of colle’s fractures.J Bone &Joint Surgery 1980; 62(4): 613-619.
5. Fitoussi F and Chow S P, “Treatment of displaced Intra articular fractures of the distal end of Radius with Plates”, J Bone Joint Surg (A) Sep.1997, vol.79-A no.9: 1303-1311pp.
6. ClanceyGJ Percutaneous kirschnerwire fixation of colle’sfracture. J Bone Joint surg 1984:66- A:1008-14.
7. Chung, Kevin C, Watt, Andrws, Kotsis, Sandra VMPH, Margaliot, ZVI, Hase, Steven, Kim H. Myra. Treatment of unstable distal radius fractures with volar loking compression plate. The J Bone & Joint Surg 2006;88- A(12):2687-
8. Anakwe RE, Khan LAK, Cook RE, Mc Eachan JE. Locked volar plating for complex distal radius fractures: Patient reported outcomes and satisfaction J OrthopSurg Res 2010;5:51.
9. RikkliDA, Jakob M, Regazzoni P. Fractures of the distal end of the radius treated by internal fixation and early function. A prospective study of 73 consecutive patients. J Bone & Joint surg 2000; 82(3): 340-344.
10. Yukichi Zenke, MD, PhD,*† Akinori Sakai, MD, PhD,† Toshihisa Oshige, MD, PhD,† Shiro Moritani, MD,* Yoshifumi Fuse, MD,* Takashi Maehara, MD, PhD,* and Toshitaka Nakamura, MD, PhD† : Clinical Results of Volar Locking Plate for Distal Radius Fractures: Conventional versus Minimally Invasive Plate Osteosynthesis J Orthop Trauma Volume 25, Number7, July 2011.
11. Kilic A, Kabukcuoglu Y, Ozkaya U, Gul M, Sokucu M, Ozdogan U. Volar locking plate fixation of unstable distal radius fractures. Acta Orthop Traumatol Turc 2009;43(4):303-8.
12. K. Egol, M. Walsh, N. Tejwani, T. Mc Laurin, C. Wynn, N. Paksima : Bridging external fixation and supplementary Kirschner-wire fixation versus volar locked plating for unstable fractures of the distal radius A RANDOMISED, PROSPECTIVE TRIAL . J Bone Joint Surg [Br] 2008;90- B:1214-21.
13. Tamara D. Rozental, Philip E. Blazar, Orrin I. Franko, Aron T. Chacko, Brandon E. Earp and Charles S. Day: Functional Outcomes for Unstable Distal Radial Fractures Treated with Open Reduction and Internal Fixation or Closed Reduction and Percutaneous Fixation. A Prospective Randomized Trial.J Bone Joint Surg Am 2009;91:1837-1846. doi:10.2106/ JBJS.H.01478.
14. Marco Rizzo & Brian A. Katt& Joshua T. Carothers : Comparison of Locked Volar Plating Versus Pinning and External Fixation in the Treatment of Unstable Intra-articular Distal Radius Fractures. HAND (2008) 3:111–117 DOI 10.1007/s11552-007-9080-0.
15. Ballal A, Sadasivan AK, Hegde A, Shetty A. Open Reduction and Volar Plate Fixation of Dorsally Displaced Distal Radius Fractures: A Prospective Study of Functional and Radiological Outcomes.. Tirupur,Tamil Nadu,India:J Clin Diagn: RC01-RC04: Pubmed.Web;1 Dec 2016.
16. Kotian P, Mudiganty S, Annappa R, Austine J.. Radiological Outcomes of Distal Radius Fractures Managed with 2.7mm Volar Locking Plate Fixation-A Retrospective Analysis. Manipal university, Manglore, Karnataka, India: J Clin Diagn Res: RC09-RC12: Pubmed.Web
; 1 Jan 2017.