Main Article Content
Pain management, anesthesia drugs, comparative study, efficacy, safety, recovery, surgical procedures, patient satisfaction
Background: Pain management is a critical aspect of modern medicine, and the use of anesthesia drugs has significantly evolved over the years to improve patient outcomes and reduce discomfort during surgical procedures. With the advent of newer anesthesia drugs, it is essential to compare their efficacy and safety profiles to make informed clinical decisions.
Aim: The primary aim of this study is to conduct a comparative analysis of modern anesthesia drugs used in pain management. The study focuses on evaluating their effectiveness in controlling pain, minimizing side effects, and enhancing patient recovery.
Methods: A prospective, randomized, and controlled study was conducted on a cohort of patients scheduled for various surgical procedures. The study included patients from different age groups and health conditions. The selected anesthesia drugs for comparison included both well-established agents and novel formulations.
Results: The results obtained from the study highlighted key differences among the modern anesthesia drugs in terms of pain control and safety. Efficacy was assessed based on pain scores, duration of pain relief, and patient satisfaction. Additionally, adverse effects, if any, were recorded to compare the safety profiles of the drugs. Furthermore, recovery parameters such as time to regain consciousness and post-operative recovery were evaluated.
Conclusion: The findings of this comparative study shed light on the advantages and limitations of different modern anesthesia drugs. Some drugs demonstrated superior pain control and faster recovery rates, while others exhibited a more favorable safety profile. The choice of the most appropriate anesthesia drug should be based on individual patient factors, the nature of the surgical procedure, and the desired outcome in terms of pain management and recovery
2. Lee, J. K., Lee, G. S., Kim, S. B., Kang, C., Kim, K. S., & Song, J. H. (2023). A Comparative Analysis of Pain Control Methods after Ankle Fracture Surgery with a Peripheral Nerve Block: A Single-Center Randomized Controlled Prospective Study. Medicina, 59(7), 1302.
3. Shah, R., Doshi, R., Shah, N., Chavda, D., & Chauhan, D. (2023). A Comparative Study Of Intravenous Tramadol Versus Intramuscular Diclofenac For Post Operative Pain Relief In Patients Undergoing Surgery Under General Anaesthesia. Latin American Journal of Pharmacy, 42(2), 467-472.
4. Sharma, P. M., Yadav, B. B., & Rai, S. K. COMPARISON OF FENTANYL AND DEXMEDETOMIDINE AS ADJUVANT TO ROPIVACAINE IN TRANSVERSUS ABDOMINIS PLANE BLOCK FOR POSTOPERATIVE PAIN IN INFRA UMBILICAL SURGERIES UNDER SPINAL ANAESTHESIA: A RANDOMISED COMPARATIVE STUDY.
5. Heydinger, G., Karthic, A., & Olbrecht, V. A. (2023). Paediatric pain management: from regional to virtual. Current Opinion in Anaesthesiology, 36(3), 347-353.
6. Beniwal, S., Khandelwal, M., & Thomas, T. M. (2023). A comparative study of intravenous fentanyl and ultrasound-guided femoral nerve block for positioning during spinal anaesthesia in femur fracture surgeries. Journal of Applied Pharmaceutical Research, 11(2), 65-70.
7. Ingudum, D., Meitei, A. J., Singh, Y. A., Singh, K. M., Maharabam, B., Ramaswamy, R., & Tama, M. (2023). COMPARATIVE STUDY ON THE ANALGESIC EFFICACY OF EPIDURAL MORPHINE AND EPIDURAL MORPHINE WITH BUPIVACAINE FOR POSTOPERATIVE ANALGESIA IN LOWER LIMB SURGERY. Int J Acad Med Pharm, 5(3), 525-529.
8. Kalad, R. N. N., Ali, H. O. M., Thabet, W. R. H., Elsotouhy, A. M. A., & Sharaf, A. G. S. (2023). A comparative study between continuous epidural analgesia, ultrasound guided continuous femoral nerve block (CFNB), and ultrasound guided continuous adductor canal block (ACB) for post-operative pain management after total knee replacement (TKR). Ain-Shams Journal of Anesthesiology, 15(1), 20.
9. Bajwa, S. J. S., Vinayagam, S., Shinde, S., Dalal, S., Vennel, J., & Nanda, S. (2023). Recent advancements in total intravenous anaesthesia and anaesthetic pharmacology. Indian Journal of Anaesthesia, 67(1), 56.
10. Mohamed, A., Kamel, I., & Elshall, A. Comparative study between Ultrasound guidance and blind technique for thoracic erector spinae plane block in post mastectomy pain control; a randomized controlled study.
11. Paul, S., Saikia, M., Nayak, S. K., Dutta, S., & Biswas, C. (2023). Comparative Study on Postoperative Recovery Profiles of Desflurane and Sevoflurane Using I-GEL in Elective Ambulatory Surgeries. Journal of College of Medical Sciences-Nepal, 19(2), 150-58.
12. Perlich, K. (2023). Regional Anesthesia and Analgesia Techniques in Perioperative Acute Pain Treatment (Doctoral dissertation, University of Rijeka. Faculty of Medicine).
13. Kinoshita, M., Sakai, Y., & Tanaka, K. (2023). Relative publication output and international collaboration in anaesthesiology and pain medicine: a bibliometric analysis from 1996 to 2021. British Journal of Anaesthesia.
14. Farrell, N., Greenfield, P. T., Rutkowski, P. T., & Weller, W. J. (2023). Perioperative Pain Management for Distal Radius Fractures. Orthopedic Clinics.
15. Farrell, N., Greenfield, P. T., Rutkowski, P. T., & Weller, W. J. (2023). Perioperative Pain Management for Distal Radius Fractures. Orthopedic Clinics.
16. Waheb, M., El-Siory, W., El Shaal, A. S., Kamel, I., NASR, M. A., Eldeep, K. O., & Mohammed, A. K. (2023). Ultrasound Guided Thoracic Erector Spinae Plane Block for Post Mastectomy Pain Control: Effect of Volume with Constant Drug: Mass Randomized Controlled Trials. Journal of Pharmaceutical Negative Results, 3144-3154.
17. Dembek, D. J., & Bicket, M. C. (2023). Advances in the management of persistent pain after total knee arthroplasty. Current Opinion in Anesthesiology, 10-1097.
18. Sikachi, R. R., Campbell, B., Kassin, E., Scuderi, G. R., & Marino, J. (2023). Analgesic Trends in the Management of Pain Following Total Knee Arthroplasty: A Comparison of Peri-Articular Infiltration, Adductor Canal Block, and Adjuvant Treatment for Posterior Knee Pain. Orthopedic Clinics.
19. Hansen, C. W., Carlino, E. K., Saunee, L. A., Dasa, V., & Bhandutia, A. K. (2023). Modern Perioperative Pain Management Strategies to Minimize Opioids after Total Knee Arthroplasty. Orthopedic Clinics.
20. Vij, N., Singhal, N. R., Trif, D., Llanes, A., Fanharawi, A., Pankratz, M., ... & Belthur, M. (2023). Continuous Epidural Analgesia Versus Continuous Peripheral Nerve Block in Unilateral Lower Extremity Pediatric Orthopedic Surgery: A Matched Case Comparison Study. Cureus, 15(6).
21. Pryles, R. L., & Blicher, B. (2023). Exciting Scientific Advances Are Moving Endodontic Care, Pain Management Forward. Compendium, 44(4).
22. Gausden, E. B., Pagnano, M. W., & Abdel, M. P. (2023). Multimodal Pain Management Protocols for THA and TKA. In Outpatient Hip and Knee Replacement: Implementation and Essential Techniques (pp. 37-47). Cham: Springer International Publishing.
23. Thacker, A., Kheskani, D., Panchal, D., & Chhanwal, H. (2023). Walking epidural in labor analgesia: A comparative study of ropivacaine with fentanyl and without fentanyl. Journal of Obstetric Anaesthesia and Critical Care, 13(1), 45-50.
24. Ramachandran, G., Sundar, A. S., Venugopal, V., Shah, H. D., & Dogra, N. (2023). Recent advances in cardiac anaesthesia. Indian Journal of Anaesthesia, 67(1), 78.
25. Chavan, D., & Tarkase, A. S. Comparative Study of Split Skin Graft Under Femoral Nerve and Lateral Cutaneous Nerve Block: Blind Verses USG.
26. Chavan, D., & Tarkase, A. S. Comparative Study of Split Skin Graft Under Femoral Nerve and Lateral Cutaneous Nerve Block: Blind Verses USG.