Main Article Content
Under Nutrition, Mothers, Under five children, Knowledge, Attitude, Nutritional status.
Under nutrition is a serious health issue among majority of economically
developing countries. It will be acting as silent factors which will be killing under five children
day by day by deteriorating their health. Multiple factors are responsible for under nutrition
mainly it is occurring because of imbalanced food in quality and quantity. Some of the factors
like not feeding the child with breast milk, inappropriate information of child rearing and
caring, uneducated mother, low socio economic condition of family , lack of government
support, climate change, rituals, cultural restrictions of food are responsible for under nutrition.
Based on various literatures researcher found that the incidence of disease, death with under
nutrition are more evident among children bellow the age of five years. If mothers educated
properly with any of the reliable nutrition education programmes like nurse lead interventional
package it will be made great impact on improvement in maintaining nutritional status among
children of age bellow five years.
BanarsidasBhanot; 2017. p. 351,476, 515,557,584,609
2. Child help line. Child protection and child right [Document on Internet]. Mumbai: the
institute;2018[update 2018 Sept 21; cited2019May 25]. available from:
3. UNICEF India. nutrition [Document on Internet]. New Delhi: the institute;2018[update
2005-2006; cited2019May 25]. availablefrom:http://unicef.in/Story/1124/Nutrition
4. An introduction to undernutrition. Goal 2 end hunger, achieve food security and
improved nutrition and goal 02promote sustainable agriculture. [Document On
5. World health organization. What is malnutrition? [Document on Internet]. Geneva: the
institute;2016[update 2016 July 8; cited2019May 25]. available from:
6. World health organization. Global database on child growth and malnutrition
[document on internet]. Geneva: the institute;2018[update 2018; cited2019dec 25]. available
7. Fentahun W, Wubshet M, Tariku A.Under nutrition and associated factors among
children aged 6-59 months in East Belesa District, northwest Ethiopia: a community based
cross-sectional study. BMC Public Health.[Serial online]. 2016 Jun 13 [cited2019May 25];
8. Ansuya, Nayak BS, Unnikrishnan B, George A, N SY, Mundkur SC, Guddattu V.Risk
factors for malnutrition among preschool children in rural Karnataka: a case-control study.
BMC Public Health.[Serial online]. 2018 Feb 26 [cited2019May 25]; 18(1):283.Available
9. Trehan I, Manary MJ.Management of severe acute malnutrition in lowincome and middle-income countries. Arch Dis Child. [Serial online]. 2015 Mar [cited 2018
Sept 21]; 100(3):283-7. Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.
10. Olatona FA, Adenihun JO, Aderibigbe SA, Adeniyi OF.Complementary
Feeding Knowledge, Practices, and Dietary Diversity among Mothers of UnderFive Children in an Urban Community in Lagos State, Nigeria.